MARYGROVE COLLEGE 2014 HONORS CONVOCATION
Sunday, March 30, 2014 ● 2:00 p.m. ● ALUMNAE HALL (new venue!)
PLEASE, RSVP by 3/17/14
IMPORTANT CHANGES and ANNOUNCEMENTS for 2014:
- Honors Convocation will be held in Alumnae Hall, Madame Cadillac Building.
- Margrove Spirit Buses will be available to shuttle guests from the LA Building’s East Parking Lot to the Convocation in Madame Cadillac Building.
- ALL seating in Alumnae Hall will be “by ticket only.” (Student awardees + two guests)
- Students, please RSVP by 3/17/14 and pick up your tickets from: Jan Machusak, firstname.lastname@example.org, (313) 927-1301 in SC232 before 3/20/14.
- “Business Casual” is the suggested dress.
- Students are asked to report to the Honors Convocation for check-in before 1:30 p.m.
- Bring the NAME CARDS that may have been included in your Congratulations Letter (Iota Gamma Alpha, Who’s Who, National Dean’s List, Kappa Gamma Pi)
- FREE Child Care in the Early Learning Center (lower level MC) will be open for children ages 2 (toilet trained) through 11 years.
- Consider that the length and solemnity of the Ceremony may be challenging for young children.
- A Child Care Waiver for each child requires signature and photo ID of the responsible adult at both check-in and pick-up.
- The order of the program will feature High Honors throughout, as well as Departmental Awards and Scholarships, culminating with the Distinguished Student Award.
- Recognition for Departmental Honor Societies and Marygrove Deans List Students will be a “rise to be recognized” while remaining at their seats.
- Following the Honors Convocation, student awardees may pick up award certificates in Madame Cadillac’s Conference Room A.
- A Punch and Cookie Reception follows the Convocation in both Denk Chapman and the Main Hallway of Madame Cadillac.
We look forward to your participation in the ceremony!
Thank you so much for your consideration & timely response!